Friday, October 23, 2009

The First But Not Last....

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum!
I thought it would start the first few posts with an entertaining fact about myself. That way, if you don't care about the rest of the post, you can at least be amused by a silly fact, before you skip the rest.

Fun Fact #1: Pippy Longstocking is my idol. (I have included a handy dandy wiki link for those who are unfamiliar)

Ok onto the next bit. You know how when some people have a project to do, they start it and persevere until it is finished before they start the next?
Well that is definately not me. I'm probably the complete opposite. I like to start multiple projects, and juggle them over long periods of time. This results in endless UFP's: Unfinished projects.

For example: I have been working on a knitted vest. (In a really pretty lavender colour!) Well, the knitted part was done in about a week and a half. I was very dedicated to getting that done. But it sat, unfinished and alone for over a month, because I avoided the boring part of sewing up the sides, and started other projects in the meantime.

Perhaps by recording and sharing my projects I will be more motivated to complete my UFP.

To give you an idea of what I am up to at the moment, I have compiled a list, of said UFP.

UFP's (unfinished projects)

- bright orange crocheted scarf
- polymer cupcake charms
- cat in poppy's cross stitch
- embroidered image on a t-shirt
- christmas cards
There are more, hiding in drawers, boxes and closets.



Some things I would like to accomplish with the blog

- to finish my projects, so I can share them with you
- make tutorials and/or explain the process that I used to make these crafts
- to inspire others, and in turn be inspired by others
- and to share my sugary adventures in the kitchen

0 comments:

Post a Comment