Monday, January 11, 2010

Chuncky Beaded Chain-link


This is yet another Christmas present. This one was for my youngest sister. I was told by the second youngest sister (I have 3!) that she wanted something fashionable for Christmas. I don't consider myself very fashionable, ( I have a sense of style that is my own) but I tried. This is the beaded chain-link necklace that I made.

Recently I have been experimenting with beads, and I somehow managed to bead in a tube, so I connected little tubes of beads to create the chain. I then bought black ribbon to tie it around, and put big beads on either end of the connection points between the chains and the ribbon. (The beads were originally brown, but I painted them black with black nail polish so they had a shiny gloss to them). I kinda like the chunky chain look. I think it looks retro, yet fashionable!

0 comments:

Post a Comment